Wednesday 19 March 2014

Brainstorm....


      Yesterday I read all over the Handbook again, just to get myself into the groove again. Sometimes I feel that really helps, even to scan it few times and read what interest me. There are times when I just need that extra kick for myself to start working on my assigment again and going through handbook is my way of "feeling it". It helped as always and today at 10 am Im already researching and digging into stuff that is interesting for my final paper. Well, if it gets accepted after May that is. While reading the handbook some fragments made me think, why do I do this research, did other people already discovered what Im looking for, do people actually care what the outcome will bring? With those thoughts I started browsing today through internet for movies, books, articles etc. My area of research is Secrets of Russian Ballet Technique. Its surprised me to see how many people already is trying to figure out whats is the Russian secret for creating such a strong, highly trained ballet atlethes. From what I saw, people are trying to find out for years already, many thesis and theorise are already out there but truth is....did they really discovered their secret?? No. Otherwise we would already be able to produce such an amazing ballet dancers like Russia has. Since beginning of the course I was keen on this subject, it always fascinated me and made me curious what is their secret. And I always though once I have the answer I will feel fullfiled and satisfied about the answer I will get. Now Im slowly realising that I might not get my answer, I might still not know whats their secret, but it's the journey that counts, the knowledge I will gain, all those things will enrich me so much as a teacher and dancer. It fascinates me how the subject leads me to not only Vaganova and Russia but it guides me to different countries, different people, takes me through different techniques. It's like starting at point A, going through huuuuge labyrinth of knowledge and experiences, just to come back to point A in the end. A
Answering another question for myself, will other people care about its outcome? Probably not, but it doesn't matter cause it matters is how much I care, how much satisfaction and knowledge it will give me, and what will I be able to do with it.
So this week is def very inspiring and exciting, quite brain stormed with all the info and thoughts in my head but that only always helps me to produce something in written ;-) 

Aggy

1 comment:

  1. Great Aggy, good to read your blogs!
    I hope you continue to enjoy the labyrinthes you find on your journey through the literature and other sources that form the basis of your research. It's great to see what others have said, what stones have been turned, which ones are left unturned, and great to recognise that maybe there is not a definitive answer to your question, but many more questions that take you on a longer, richer journey as a practitioner and life long learner. Read Hopal's blog from earlier this week if you haven't yet, she talks about the life long learning journey well in relation to her research. Speak soon, Helen

    ReplyDelete